Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Feeling



Never easy to leave the home.
When I was younger; single and in the varsity, I used to make weekend trips to see my parents. Each time I left home for KL, there was a tug at my heart. This tug stays with me; I thought it would leave me as I grow older. It never did.
Yesterday, dad and I made a trip back home to see the old folks. They seem jovial as before and gave us a sumptuous dinner in one of the local eateries.Even at this age, they still would not allow us to foot the bill. They remain as father and mother to us; we never seem to grow older in their sight; we are always children to them... to be fed and taken care of by them.You wonder who looks after who.

Kong followed the news and was vocal about the dispute between Japan and China over an island; Por was ranting over the girls if they were doing fine in Singapore...
Next, they want to know when I will retire; and help me weigh over the issue. To be busy or not to be.They told me it is not easy to have nothing to do and ask me to emulate them...
Soon, they say the holidays will be here. Little do they know how untrue it is...there's really no holidays.
The holidays are here for us  to plan for the coming year.
So the cycle goes on and on.
It was a short stay.
All good things must come to an end.
This morning we left for home.
The tug at the heart came again.
It is always difficult to leave them.
But we had to.


So, the good news is we will see them again.
We look forward to another weekend with them
God bless my parents, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment