Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Infamous Gap


The smiley lady walked in,  "You're free on 29th?" she asked.
The card in the hand spoke it all. 
"Oh, you're going to be a mother-in-law again! Congrats." I will make myself free for you.
So, how's the going? Everything in order? I asked.
She related that she did not have to do much as it was all arranged by the bride; her daughter.
Sheepishly she asked " I don't know why the card is not red in color?"
Oh she could not understand children these days.The adults are no more consulted on matters.
We concurred that we say it best when we say nothing at all.
Too much noise will turn the young ones from the old ones ; but too little noise will mean the older ones cannot have the 'best practices' done. Oh but what is best may not mean the best for others as the saying goes...One man's meat is another's poison.

So, keep silent.


 
On a lighter note when I asked my girls when will they get married ...
No.1 says : Must marry one meh?
No.2 says : No time la
No.3 says : When I am 30 la.

At least No.3 says she will do it at 30.
Consolation.

Congratulations to the bride and groom, the bride was my protegee in school.
Looking forward to seeing her in her gown.

No comments:

Post a Comment