Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Wait

 It's not the wait that you want.
It is an agonising wait.
You feel it most if you are parents to children who ask you to book plane tickets in anticipation of a graduation ceremony.
 It took the toll out of me each time I had to go through it.

All thanks to cheap air fares when you book plane rides way ahead of a stipulated date.A colleaque shared with me of the impending graduation of her son this month. She told me that her son's results are not released yet and that they would only be released 2 days before the graduation. But her tickets and holiday dates have been booked and whether she liked it or not, she and her husband had to go in faith. She said she would leave it all to God.

Many times I had to go through this ; well at least 3 times? 
In some foreign universities the stipulated graduation days are neatly arranged and at times they can be altered to accommodate important changes. Each time I book tickets for the girls red letter days I prayed extremely hard; that they would make it at the final countdown.
I have also witnessed cases of family friends who actually arrived for the ceremony but later to find out that the child did not make it.Well. as parents we can only ask the child to try a resit and pray for divine intervention.


So my friend arrived home yesterday and there was a wide smile on her lips.
Congratulations Nithi ;  well done.

1 comment:

  1. Teacher I feel like a celebrity diva getting a post on your blog space haha. The guidance that you and other teachers have provided me with is as relevant now as it was 6 years ago and has played a massive part in everything I have achieved. Thank You for everything Puan Chong! : )

    ReplyDelete